9 Watermelon Health Benefits
Watermelon is juicy, sweet and vibrant, this beautiful fruit is a rich source of many minerals. Due to its high water content, watermelon significantly consumed during the summer season. This red and juicy fruit is known for its taste and health benefits.
Below we present the watermelon for health benefits:
1. Benefits of Watermelon body hydration: Watermelon is an excellent source of water, so its consumption helps in hydration of the body. In addition, watermelon is rich in rehydration salts, electrolytes such as sodium, potassium and magnesium, which can maintain the proper water level in the body, for this very reason many athletes consume watermelon juice to stay cool and hydrated.
2- Benefits of Watermelon as an antioxidant: Watermelon is an excellent source of lycopene, which is a carotenoid and basically, a powerful antioxidant that helps fight cancer by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells in the body. Lycopene has proven effective against, breast, prostate and colon cancer lung. Help in maintaining adequate strength, thickness and cell membrane fluidity, and in turn combat any harmful disease that try entering the body.
3. Benefits of Watermelon against kidney problems: Watermelon is a rich source of potassium, which is used by the body to remove toxins from the kidneys. Helps release and reduce uric acid kidney stones in the kidney. In addition, the high water content in watermelon helps in proper functioning of the kidneys.
4. Benefits of blood pressure Watermelon: Watermelon is source of magnesium and potassium, which are beneficial in reducing blood pressure in the body. In addition, carotenoids help prevent hardening of the artery walls.
5. Benefits of Watermelon heart: Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and lycopene. These compounds help in preventing heart related problems. They help in reducing bad cholesterol (LDL) and prevent cholesterol buildup in blood vessels.
6. Benefits of watermelon skin: Watermelon protects against free radicals and therefore acts as a sunscreen, protecting us from the harmful rays of the sun. The presence of vitamin C and antioxidants, helps prevent aging and various skin related problems.
7. Benefits of Watermelon against the diabetes: Diabetics can eat watermelon because it contains a very small amount of sugar and provides many nutrients and water. Arginine is present in watermelon; this substance improves the rate of insulin in the body, thereby reducing diabetic complications. Furthermore, minerals like potassium and magnesium have proved advantageous for the proper functioning of insulin in the body.
8. Benefits of Watermelon for eye health: Watermelon is a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and lutein, which help in protecting eyes against diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration in the elderly.
9. Benefits of Watermelon for sexual health: In Watermelon is presented arginine, which helps to combat erectile dysfunction in men.