What is Folliculitis
Folliculitis is a condition where inflammation is observed in several hair follicles. It is caused by Fungal or Bacterial infection. Staphylococcus aureus is the most common culprit for this condition
It can affect any area on the dermis. High Folliculitis incidence is observed near the breast (Chest in men), Genital Areas, Below the head near the shoulders.
Folliculitis can be caused by several reasons. Most Common causes for Folliculitis are
- Shaving which may affect the Follicles is the most common cause of Folliculitis in men
- Friction due to rough clothing may be observed as a major cause of Folliculitis
- Medical Tapes, Sticky Plasters on the skin
- A Few Common Skin Ailments
Identification of Folliculitis is simple if you are aware of Folliculitis symptoms.
- Red Rashes appear on the effected skin areas
- A small pimple like structure forms on the affected area accompanied by a rash
- Folliculitis may spread through the length near the damaged area if no medical assistance is given
- Burning or itch sensation may develop
Gram Negative Folliculitis Pictures
Hot Tub Folliculitis Pictures
Folliculitis on Scalp Pictures